Monday, February 16, 2009

Pizza Talk

Before



After




I only wish that I could upload a piece for you.


To be honest, this was the best pie that I've made yet. There wasn't really anything about it that I would change. Sometimes the crust can be too doughy, or too crispy, or there can be too much or too little sauce and whatnot. This one had a pretty good crust and a nice amount of sauce that you could taste is, but not burn your mouth on the sauce.

Actually, for this pie, I used a different cheese. I think that the new cheese actually had more flavor. We bought new pepperoni's. We have had the same ones for a long time because I got them from work (I worked with a company that made nutritional labels for some companies and they generally had ALOT of pepperoni to take home), so I am looking forward to making a pie with pepperoni's that aren't freezer burnt. Although, you can't tell there freezer burnt unless you eat them raw. So, we'll see if the pepperoni's are better.

Also, I generally only use all purpose flour, but we have had some whole wheat flour for some time now and I thought I would use some of it. I tried to make a crust completely out of whole wheat once, and we had a bad experience, but in actuality, it was my fault the pizza stuck to the pan, and that the crust was too heavy. So I made the dough part whole wheat, and part all purpose flour.

I'm a little nervous to use any other toppings other than pepperoni for a couple of reasons: It prevents me from taking the toppings into consideration when tasting the flavor, and I just feel like any other topping right now would adulterate such a wonderful food. For me and pizza, simpler is better.



No comments: